Canada Revenue Agency – PHSP Stance

Canada Revenue Agency - PHSP Stance: Recently, CRA has come out and explained their stance on PHSP’s a bit more than what is currently published on their website. Do you fall victim to their new take?

First-Time Home Buyer Incentive: New Possibilities

Budget 2019 proposed the new Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) first-time home buyer incentive, which is a shared equity mortgage that would give eligible first-time home buyers the ability to lower their borrowing costs by sharing the cost of buying a home with CMHC.

Private Health Services Plans: What are they?

If you are new to a Private Health Services Plan, then we have all the information you will need to discover how you can claim your personal medical expenses as a business expense and receive a tax free reimbursement. If you currently have one, then we encourage you to take a look at ours to save even more money!

PHSP vs Traditional Insurance

Traditional health insurance comes with a gamut of fees, limits, and frustrations; all imposed by the insurance company itself. That's where a PHSP can come in. A PHSP/HSA saves you money. Learn how.

Why a TFSA May Be Better for your Dollar

Investing your hard-earned dollar can be a hard decision to make. There are so many different ways to earn more with less; some that are even tax-free and some that aren’t. So which way will you go – registered savings plan or unregistered? Here are 5 reasons why a TFSA would be a good option for something registered.

Flipping Out – House Flipping and It’s Implications

Recent changes to mortgage rules have caused the housing market to cool slightly. What was once a highly lucrative industry, has turned into a mess for some but this isn’t to say that it can’t still be profitable for those who play their cards right. Are you protected?

Refund or No Refund

Is the tax refund a good thing? It’s a question that spurred a great debate in February’s Knowledge Bureau poll when we asked tax and financial professionals whether or not the withholding taxes that lead to a tax refund should be reduced to help taxpayers save or pay down debt. Did the no side or the yes side win? You’ll be surprised by the results.

CPP and EI Changes

  • Justyn 
Both employees and employers will be required to contribute more to CPP, but, retirement, survivor, and disability pensions will also increase. Are you prepared for the changes? We offer payroll packages at affordable rates. Contact us to find out more details!